What Is Attorneys United For A Secure America?
Attorneys United for a Secure America (AUSA) is a non-partisan affiliation of talented attorneys dedicated to pursuing cases that serve the national interest when it comes to immigration law. This means prioritizing national security, defending our borders, safeguarding the public, protecting jobs, and valuing America’s precious natural resources.
WHY IS THIS ATTORNEY NETWORK NEEDED NOW?
As special interests seek to control U.S. immigration policy, fidelity to the rule of law—and to the American people it governs—is needed now more than ever. That’s where AUSA comes in. Our network connects attorneys from all parts of the country who are interested in putting the needs of the American people first when it comes to enforcing U.S. immigration law.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING?
Members receive the necessary training, resources, and guidance to assist them in upholding the rule of law, advancing sensible immigration policies, and educating the next generation of attorneys on the consequences of mass immigration and unsecure borders. Having represented numerous clients and participated in countless cases to do just that, the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) can provide member attorneys with the mentorship and guidance to:
- Act as lead-counsel on cases of national significance referred by IRLI.
- Participate as IRLI co-counsel on immigration cases of federal, state, and local importance.
- Draft amicus briefs on critical immigration law and policy matters for the U.S. Supreme Court and other appellate courts.
- Advocate for the rule of law through op-eds, blogs, and other writing opportunities to shine light on key issues of concern.
- Assist in the filing of lawsuits under the Freedom of Information Act or state open records laws where the government agency has failed to comply with a request for public records on immigration issues.
LAW STUDENTS, INVESTIGATORS WELCOME!
Are you a law student and/or private investigator who is interested in learning more about immigration law and the national interest? Visit our Join page to apply. For more information about available internships, volunteer and internship opportunities click the “Download Brochure” button below to view our brochure.
“THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT AND DESERVE A LAWFUL IMMIGRATION SYSTEM THAT KEEPS US SAFE AND SERVES OUR NATIONAL INTEREST. THIS EXPECTATION IS REASONABLE, AND OUR GOVERNMENT HAS A DUTY TO MEET IT.”
– U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Speech on March 27, 2017